- 2007 Master degree : Université François-Rabelais de Tours, Master de recherche de Musique et Musicologie (mention)
- 2004 Certificate : Università degli studi di Firenze, Musicologia (scholarship of Italian’s Minister of Foreign Affaires)
- 2003 Bachelor degree : Chulalongkorn University, Music Education (Second class honor)
- 1998 High school diploma : Suankularb witayalai, Science
- 2007 Sprachschule zum Ehrstein Freiburg, German course
- 2006-7 Conservatoire National Regional Francis Poulenc de Tours, Double-bass (2e cycle), Solfege (2e cycle)
- 2005-7 Conservatoire National Regional Francis Poulenc de Tours, Ancien music and Viola da Gamba
- 2004-5 CUEFEE de Université François-Rabelais de Tours, French course
- 2003 Università per gli stragnieri di Siena, Italian course
- 2008- Present Lecturer, Faculty of Music, Silpakorn University, Bangkok
- 2007- Present Lecturer, Faculty of Education, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok
- 2007- 2008 Teacher, St. John international school, Bangkok, Department of Primary school (British Curriculum),
- 2006 Trainee, The Stockholm Music Museum (Musikmuseet)
- 2007 – Present Freelance Translator FR<>TH, for French Journalist
- Music: Double-bass, Viola da Gamba
- Language : Thai, English, French, Italian, Swedish
คมธรรม ดำรงเจริญ เกิดที่กรุงสต๊อกโฮล์ม ประเทศสวีเดน ย้ายกลับมาเมืองไทยเมื่ออายุได้ 7 ขวบ และผ่านการศึกษาพื้นฐานทั้งหมดที่เมืองไทย เครื่องดนตรีชิ้นแรกที่ฝึกหัดนั้นคือจะเข้ที่โรงเรียนสวนกุหลาบวิทยาลัยและเป็นประธานชุมนุมดนตรีไทยสวนกุหลาบด้วย เมื่อจบการศึกษาชั้นมัธยมได้รับโควต้าเข้าศึกษาต่อคณะศึกษาศาสตร์ มหาวิทยาลัยศรีณครินทรวิโรฒ (ประสานมิตร) ด้วยเครื่องมือจะเข้ ที่ซึ่งเขาได้เริ่มฝึกหัดเครื่องมือดับเบิลเบส หลังจากนั้นได้สอบเข้าศึกษาใหม่อีกครั้งหนึ่งด้วยเครื่องมือดับเบิลเบสที่ภาควิชาดนตรีศึกษา คณะครุศาสตร์ จุฬาลงกรณ์มหาวิทยาลัย หลังจบการศึกษาจากจุฬาฯ ได้รับทุนการศึกษาต่อในทันทีจากกระทรวงการต่างประเทศอิตาลีเพื่อไปศึกษารายวิชาดนตรีวิทยาที่เมืองฟลอเรนส์ประเทศอิตาลี จากนั้นหนึ่งปีได้ย้ายไปศึกษาต่อในสาขาดนตรีและดนตรีวิทยาที่เมืองตูร์ ประเทศฝรั่งเศส ที่ฝรั่งเศสเขาได้ศึกษาเครื่องมือดับเบิลเบสต่อเนื่องไปพร้อมกับการทำปริญญาโทและเข้าร่วมวงสมัครเล่นในเมืองจำนวนมาก ขณะเดียวกันก็เริ่มศึกษาเครื่องมือ วิโอลาดากัมบา อันเป็นเครื่องดนตรีโบราณ
หลังจบการศึกษาจากฝรั่งเศส คมธรรมได้เริ่มทำงานที่โรงเรียนนานาชาติเซนต์จอห์นเป็นครูสอนดนตรีเด็กเล็กและเด็กประถม หลังจากนั้นได้เข้าเป็นอาจารย์ที่คณะดุริยางคศาสตร์มหาวิทยาลัยศิลปากร นอกจากนั้นยังเป็นอาจารย์พิเศษ คณะครุศาสตร์ จุฬาลงกรณ์มหาวิทยาลัย และ แขกรับเชิญเป็นครั้งคราวที่วิทยุ อสมท.
นอกจากนั้น คมธรรมยังทำงานเป็นล่ามและนักแปลอิสระ โดยเคยทำงานให้รายการวิทยุและโทรทัศน์ระดับชาติของฝรั่งเศสจำนวนหนึ่งในส่วนของสารคดีข่าว
บทสัมภาษณ์ : หนังสือพิมพ์กรุงเทพธุรกิจ
Website : http://komtham.com/
ผลงานทางวิชาการ & ผลงานที่ได้รับรางวัล
Dan Phillips has been a bandleader and composer for more than fifteen years and during this time he has performed throughout North America, and Asia developing an original voice and approach to improvised music.
Dan began his musical pursuits as a teenager playing drums and percussion as well as noodling on the piano. He entered a local Community College in his native Springfield, Illinois as a percussion major before realizing that guitar was his calling and switched in his second year. It was during this time in his hometown that Dan began playing his first Jazz gigs on guitar thanks to genourous compassionate local musicians who heard something promising in the very green young BeBopper. His progress was such that after only a few years on the instrument he had gained enough confidence and chops to enter Berklee College of Music in Boston as a guitar performance major.
While at Berklee, Dan had the opportunity to play and study with many greats in Jazz including John Damien, Pat Metheny and Bruce Arnold. Not satisfied with his own playing he began to realize how much work he had to do. He dropped out of Berklee after a year and a half and began shedding with renewed intensity (living on money he had earned working for his father in a Texas oil refinery during summer months). After a year of practicing and playing local gigs in Boston he decided with the encouragement (and a generous sholarship offer) of a Berklee faculty member to complete his studies. It was also during this period that he was able for the first time to begin performing his own compostions, a goal from the beginning of his musical journey. He led an ensemble in the Boston area that featured Berklee faculty and top students. During his final year he was selected as the guitarist to represent Berklee at the 1990 Montreal Jazz Festival.After graduating from Berklee in 1990 he moved to New York City and began his performing career. Dan was fortunate to land an artist resident apartment on the lower east side in only his second year in the city. This was a blessing that allowed him to avoid the”day gig world” and focus on music completely. In New York he continued to lead his own groups as well as perform in a variety of settings as a free-lance guitarist in the vibrant downtown scene. New York was certainly fertile ground and his ensembles included many of the new voices in improvised music such as Jim Black, Ben Street, Owen Howard, John Arruci, Chris Speed, Pat Zimmerly and Mike Sarin.
In 1996 he moved to Chicago and again began leading his own groups. It was here that he gained enough confidence through an expedition into unexplored Borneo jungle and with the help of supportive musicians to record his first two CD’s featuring original compositions, “Journey in Mind” and “Moment of Clarity”. His Chicago groups included Tim Mulvenna, Chad Taylor, Krzysztof Pabian, Phil Gratteau and Tatsu Aoki among others. In 1997 he returned to school (kicking and screaming) and received a Masters in Jazz Pedagogy from Northwestern Univesity.
In 2001 A burning desire for new experience led him to Bangkok, Thailand wgere began teaching fulltime and acting as Director of Jazz Studies at a Mahidol University College of Music.
In 2004 Dan began working in Tokyo, Japan for several months developing his trio concept in the local scene before returning to Thailand to accept a new position at Rangsit University Conservatory of Music as Lecturer in Jazz Guitar. 2005 brought another big change and Dan accepted a postion at Minnesota State University Moorhead where he worked as Assistant Professor of Guitar for three years endurng frigid cold and right wing musicians before returning “home” to Bangkok in 2008 to accept a full time lecturer position in guitar and jazz studies at Silapakorn University. The adventure continues!!
Dan has also performed with many international musicians not previously mentioned such as Gerald Wilson, Layla Hathaway, Danillo Perez, Judy Roberts, Bill Yeager, Jeff Parker, Fancois Lindemann, Matt Darriau and Ed Thigpen. Dan has performed at Jazz Festivals in the U.S., Canada, Japan and Thailand.
Website : http://www.danphillipsmusic.com
ผลงานทางวิชาการ & ผลงานที่ได้รับรางวัล
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Saksri Pang Vongtaradon
In January of 2010, he released his debut album, Seagull, featuring nine of his originals. The album was nominated for Kom Chad Luek award for 2010 best instrumental album. Rob Young, a renown jazz journalist of the Urbanflux website, wrote in his review of the album, “On “Seagull,” the pianist convincingly unleashes his voice through the complexities embedded within the context of these wonderful compositions. Amazingly, Saksri’s style is fluent, poignant, intense and challenges you as the listener to return time and again to this intuitive palette of music!” The album includes several leading Thai jazz musicians, including Pisut Pratheepasena on the Saxophone, Pongsiri Kajornvaekin on the Guitar, Pornchart Viriyapark on the Bass, and Chanutr Techatananant on the drums. His album can be purchased directly from him at his shows and is available online at www.itune.com, and www.cdbaby.com
Pang started playing Electone when he was 10, and was the third-place winner of the Yamaha Thailand Electone competition in 1993. He began his piano training by studying with classical pianist, Chavalida Kruasingh in 1991. After finishing his degree in Economics from Chulalongkorn University, he furthered his music study at the University of North Texas’s renown jazz department. While at UNT, he was selected to study with visiting artists like Jim McNeely, Benny Green, Bill Charlap, and Russell Ferrante. He studied jazz piano, improvisation, and jazz composition with Dan Hearle, Stefan Karlsson, Fred Hamilton, Lynn Seaton, and Paris Rutherford. He also studied classical piano with Adam Wodnicki and Steven Harlos. He has appeared with the UNT Symphony Orchestra, and Lynn Seaton, performing at top venues including the Byron Nelson Masters, the Reunion Arena, and the Four Seasons in Dallas/Fort Worth area.
His interests are not limited to only jazz piano playing, but also in compositions. He has studied jazz composition with a Grammy nominee for best Jazz Composition, Neil Slater, and Paris Rutherford. He also studied classical composition with Hideko Kawamoto and Michael Thompson, and was selected among composition students to study with Samuel Adler and Josef Schwantner while they visited UNT.
Upon returning to Bangkok in 2004, after receiving a Master of Music degree in Jazz Studies, Saksri Pang Vongtaradon has rapidly become a staple of Thailand’s jazz scene and performing regularly in Bangkok. In 2010, he was commissioned to write music for and to perform with the Thailand All Stars bigband, featuring Eric Marienthal, and Thai vocal sensation, Gob Saovanit at Hua Hin jazz festival. He has shared the stage with many international and Thai artists including Javon Jackson, Lynn Seaton, Eric Marienthal, Josee Koning, Steve Cannon, Shawn Kelly, Dan Phillips, Jerry Byrd, Alice Day, and Chirasak Panphum. He is currently teaching jazz piano and jazz ensembles at the Faculty of Music, Silpakorn University.
- Seagull (2008)
- All in one (GMM Records, 2007), Chirasak Panphum
- Yellowtail (Blue Dots Records, 2008), Karn Suriyasasin
ผลงานทางวิชาการ & ผลงานที่ได้รับรางวัล
Saran Suebsantiwongse – Baritone
Thailand’s foremost baritone, Saran was educated at the Manhattan School of Music in New York where he received his Bachelor of Music in Vocal Performance and at the prestigious Royal College of Music in London where he was a Chevening Scholar in the Advanced Postgraduate Course in Opera Studies. He was also a recipient of the ‘Young Thai Musicians Scholarship Fund’ awarded by HRH Princess Galyani Vadhana.
He sang the roles of Papageno, Donner and Gugliemo with the Bangkok Opera, Plutone with Thailand Philharmonic Orchestra, Fiorello and Baron Duphol with the Singapore Lyric Opera. Additionally, Saran sang the lead role of Pan in a staged production of Bach’s Der Streit Zwischen Phoebus und Pan with the New York Baroque Soloists and made his European debut as Pisandre in Fauré’s Penelope and Second Man in Carlisle Floyd’s Susannah at Wexford Festival Opera in 2005.
In 2007, he founded an opera/performing arts company, NUNi Productions, with an aim to create international standard performances in Thailand and also to provide more opportunities for young Thai artists to perform in professional productions. With NUNi Productions, Saran sang the roles of Count Almaviva, Gugliemo and Enrico (Il campanello) and MacHeath (Threepenny Opera). Recently, he also sang the lead in the World Premiere of The Lunch Box with IHOS Opera at the Ten Days On The Island Festival in Tasmania.
Also highly demand as a concert singer, Saran also appeared frequently in concerts including Mozart’s Requiem Paukenmesse and Tippett’s Child of Our Time with the Bangkok Opera, Chapentier’s Te Deum and Pergolesi’s Stabat Mater with the Louveciennes Chamber Choir and was the baritone soloist in Carmina Burana with Shrewsbury International Choir and sang the role of Manoa in Handel’s Samson for the Bangkok Music Society.
Recently, he was appointed as the Professor of Voice at the Silpakorn University and received a full scholarship for the voice teacher training programme at the University of Music and Arts, Vienna.
ผลงานทางวิชาการ & ผลงานที่ได้รับรางวัล
Asst.Prof.Worapon Kanweerayothin, Flutist
- 1984-1988 Bachelor of Fine and Applied Arts (Honours), Music Major (Flute) Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok Thailand
- 1990-1992 Guest Study (Flute) Hochschule fur Musik Mannheim and Hochschule fur Musik Trossingen, Germany
- 2004-2005 Master of Arts in Cultural Management, Chulalongkorn University
- 1985-1987 Top of Class Scholarship
- 1985,1986 Bangkok Music Society Scholarship
- 1990-1992 King Scholarship supported by Konrad Adenauer Foundation to study in Germnay
Solo and Chamber music Experiences
- 1994-present Bangkok Symphony Woodwind Quintet
- 2004-present Silpakorn Chamber Ensemble
- 1994 Mozartʼs Flute Concerto in D with European Community Chamber Orchestra
- 1995 Bach to Beatle with Bangkok Symphony Orchestra
- 1995 with The Ensemble Contemporary Alpha จาก The Tokyo National University of Fine Arts and Music in The Bangkok Music Festival ’95
- 1998 Bach’s Suite No.2 in B Minor BWV 1067, Cantata “Non sa che sia dolore” BWV 209 and Brandenburg Concerto No.5 in D Major BWV 1050 with Bangkok Baroque Orchestra
- 2003 St.Olaf Ensemble tour in Japan
- 2006-2007 on tour with BSO strings playing solo in H.M.King’s music in Asean countries, Japan and Korea
- 2007 Thai-Japan Woodwind Quintet concert
- 2007 Salieri’s Double Concerto for Flute and Oboe with Asean Japan Festival Orchestra
- 2008 Bach’s Brandenburg Concerto No.2, 4 with Galyani Vadhana Institute Orchestra
- 2010 Vivaldi’s Concerto in D minor with Galyani Vadhana Institute Orchestra
- 1988-1990 Maithai Chamber Orchestra
- 1988-present Principal Flute Bangkok Symphony Orchestra
- 2008-present Principal Flute Galyani Vadhana Institute Orchestra
– Guest or Festivals member
- 1995 World Philharmonic Orchestra with Myung Wung Chung in Bangkok
- 1998, 2001 St.Olaf from Japan tour in Thailand
- 2001 Pan Asia Orchestra concerts in Bangkok, Hong Kong ana Macau
- 2001 National Symphony Orchestra Malaysia concerts in Kula Lampur and Penang
- 2002 Bangkok Symphony Orchestra concert in Japan Asian Orchestra Week
- 2003 Asean Japan Orchestra in Tokyo Japan
- 2007 Tokyo City Philharmonic Orchestra concert in Bangkok
- 2009 Central Aichi Symphony Orchestra concert in Bangkok
Flute Teaching Experience
- 1992-2000 Flute instuctor Bangkok Pattana International School, MIFA Music Academy Bangkok
- 1992-2004 Flute instructor Chulalongkorn University, Kasetsart University, Assumtion University and Silpakorn University
- 2004-present Full time Flute instructor Silpakorn University
- 2004-present Flute and chamber music tutor in Silpakorn Summer Music School
Choir singing and recording
- 1996-present Recording Thai dub. in Disney Animation ﬁlms, Disney on Ice shows.
- Thai pop songs, Thai ﬁlms, Music Show in several festivals.