[dropcap size=small]K[/dropcap]ittikhun graduated in 1984 from the Department of Western Music at theCollegeofDramatic Arts,Thailand, and then continued with advanced studies at the long-standing Rotterdam Conservatory inHollandfrom 1994 to 1996. He subsequently joined the Bangkok Symphony Orchestra as a founding member in 1982 and has played with them ever since.
In his younger days Kittikhun showed great interest in both composition and in making arrangements of compositions for orchestra, This earned him the reputation of being one of Thailand’s most reputable and famous composers and arrangers.
His major musical works for orchestra include:
– ‘The Spirit of Asia’ written for the Asian Games 1999
– Music for the Fespic Games 1999
– ‘Talay Chandr’ 2005 – the score of which earned two Golden Nikanesaya Awards as well as many others.
– 2008 his composition “ASEAN WAY“ was selected as the ASEAN Anthem getting the 1st prize in the ASEAN Anthem Composition.
– Composed music and the score for the Sport Authority of Thailand “ Wan Hang Chai 2009 “
Kittikhun currently works full-time as a lecturer and instructor at the Faculty of Music, Silpakorn University, Bangkok, Thailand, as well as being principal ‘cellist with the Bangkok Symphony Orchestra.
ผลงาน : The ASEAN Way
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Kittikhunsodprasert